On wells with high sand production, this Dynacorp innovation avoids the need for constant clean-outs while reducing the risks of screen collapse or safety shut-ins due to sand build-up. The blowdown vessel can be designed right into your sand filtration system.
During well production, sand is periodically dumped from the primary filtration chamber into the blowdown vessel as follows:
- The production stream is set to bypass the filter for approximately 1 minute.
- Internal pressure in the sand filtration vessel is used to dump (blow) sand into the blowdown vessel.
- After multiple dump cycles, a vacuum truck is called in to empty the vessel.
Steps 1 and 2 can be automated.
The Dynacorp blowdown vessel provides multiple benefits:
- Uninterrupted production, avoiding shutting-in your well.
- Safer operations due to less frequent opening of sand filtration vessel.
- Reduced labour costs due to less operator time on-site.
- Reduced operating costs due to fewer vacuum truck call-outs.