Dynacorp is a member of ISNetworld, ComplyWorks, Avetta and the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA).
Dynacorp holds its Certificate of Recognition (COR), the primary regulatory document in Alberta attesting that a company has a recognized safety management system, through the ACSA. Dynacorp scored 96 percent on its most recent external COR audit, conducted in 2016.
In May 2016, Dynacorp proudly celebrated a companywide safety milestone. Dynacorp had operated company-wide for three full years without a lost-time incident. At this same time Dynacorp celebrated one year without a Medical Incident.
Dynacorp has a dedicated safety manager. By protecting our workers, we are also safeguarding their families, friends, fellow workers, management, the public and the environment from the far-reaching effects of serious incidents.
This also preserves Dynacorp’s ability to continue doing business and employing people.
Dynacorp’s goal is to have an injury and incident-free workplace. We are committed to a strong safety program that:
- Protects our workers, customers and the public;
- Protects our facilities and equipment, and our customers’ assets;
- Safeguards the environment; and
- Complies with government legislation and regulation in all operating areas, including OSHA requirements in the United States.
Dynacorp provides the following safety measures, all of which are customized to the company’s specific operating conditions:
- A comprehensive in-house safety training program including numerous courses such as fall protection, confined space, WHMIS, hazard assessment, TDG, log book, and overhead crane for workers;
- Workers are only permitted to operate equipment after receiving the proper training and are deemed competent;
- For field workers, all safety training required by customers, including major companies include external training such as First Aid, H2S Alive, Gas Detection & Control, Bear Awareness, Light Duty Picker and any other training requirements.
- A drug and alcohol program that includes pre-employment testing plus individual substance abuse testing upon reasonable cause.
- All required safety equipment;
- Well-maintained, modern trucks and shop equipment for safe operations; and
- Customized shop equipment that contributes to safer working conditions, such as on and around pressure vessels.
Dynacorp treats basic safety and health legislation as a minimum standard rather than a maximum.
By fulfilling our safety responsibilities, everyone who works for our company will share the benefits of a safe workplace.
The safety information on the web page does not take precedence over the Occupational Health and Safety Act, regulations and codes (in Canada) or OSHA (in the United States). All employees should be familiar with the legislation and regulations as these pertain to their work.