Dynacorp Fabricators Inc. – Calgary, AB
LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY
MUST BE COMPETENT IN SOLIDWORKS. If you do not have vast Solidworks experience you will not be considered for this position.
Dynacorp is looking to add a hardworking intermediate to senior mechanical designer to its rapidly growing company. This position will be based in downtown Calgary, Alberta and will report directly to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will have a proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing, and dynamic environment.
Position Summary: Reporting to Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Designer will work in conjunction with our Engineering & Design Team to assist and complete detailed designs and drafting products/standards. Candidate will also prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, spec sheets and other data as well as work with Engineering to ensure our designs are efficient and cost effective.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-5 years Solidworks experience
- Create fully detailed parts, assemblies, drawings & BOM’s in Solidworks
- Understanding of routing, weldments, solid modeling
- 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment, experienced with designing for manufacturing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiar with ERP system management
- Design & Drafting Diploma required, equivalent training considered.
- Strong understanding of mechanical drawing standards, dimensioning, and tolerances for manufacturing
- Understanding of revision control process for drawings and documents
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Team player
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Attention to detail
- Experience with piping, skid and vessel drafting would be an asset.
This position is located downtown Calgary, Alberta. Dynacorp offers top industry wages, a safe and terrific work environment and an excellent Benefit package. We thank all those candidates who apply, however, Dynacorp will only contact successful candidates.
Share this Job Post
Submit Your Resume
If you are interested in this position please fill in the form provided.
Return to Job Profiles